Our boarding is a source of pride for our clients at Valley Veterinary Clinic-Pet Lodge and Salon. We feel privileged to care for your four legged family members and will treat them as our own while staying with us. Our facility is veterinary supervised yet has its own separate entrance and reception area behind our Hospital.
|Monday – Friday||
HOURS: 7:45 am – 5:30 pm
DROP-OFF/PICK UP: 7:45 am – 5:00 pm
HOURS: 8:00 am – 12:00 pm/ 2:00 pm to 5:30 pm
DROP-OFF/PICK UP: 8:00 am -12: 00 pm/2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
HOURS: 3:00 pm – 5:30 pm
DROP-OFF/PICK UP: 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Reservations are required to board your pets and charges are incurred for each calendar day (similar to a hotel). Monday through Saturday checkout time is 12:00 noon. We do offer Sunday drop offs and pickups between 3:00 pm and 5:00 pm. There will be a days boarding charged for Sunday. We feed Science diet I/D canine and feline or you can bring your own diet for us to feed. Pet beds & blankets are provided for dogs. Medications will be administered by our staff for small daily fee. We also provide Kuranda beds (www.kuranda.com) for dogs as well as blankets and enclosures for our feline boarders. Cats have their own separate ward with an abundance of viewing windows to the outside and exotics have their own area as well.
For the health of your pet, current immunizations are required for all dogs and cats before they can enter the boarding facility. Dogs and cats must be at least 17 weeks old (meaning it has had the last vaccine one week before boarding to insure protection) and have received the required puppy/kitten vaccine series from a licensed veterinarian. Proof of current vaccines must be presented before a reservation can be made. The following vaccines are required for dogs and cats. We do honor other Veterinary clinics vaccine schedules in regards to the three year efficacy except the kennel cough / bordatella vaccine previously mentioned. We at Valley Veterinary Clinic have a vaccine schedule which we believe is the BEST medicine and yet not over vaccinating our pets , it insures proper protection and an annual physical exam which is the corner stone of a healthy pet and veterinary/client communication experience.
- Parvo: must have been given in series as a puppy and current within last 3 years
- Distemper: must have been given in series as a puppy and current within last 3 years
- Adenovirus: must have been given in series as a puppy and current within last 3 years
- Parainfluenza: must have been given in series as a puppy and current within last 3 years
- Rabies: Required within last 3 years. 1 or 2 year rabies vaccine also accepted
- Kennel Cough or Infectious Tracheobronchitis vaccine: Intranasal combination of bordetella, bronchoseptic, parainfluenza and adenovirus is preferred and needs to be current within last 6 months. We will honor the injectable bordetella vaccine within last 6 months. The intranasal vaccine must be administrated 1 week before boarding as being a modified live vaccine, shedding of the virus may occur. The intranasal vaccine can also be given at departure from the boarding facility.
- Canine Influenza: not required at this time but highly recommended.
- RCP (Rhinotracheitis, calici, panleukopenia): these must have been given as a kitten series and current within last 3 years.
- Feline Leukemia vaccine: cats must have had a negative feline leukemia test and the vaccines need to have been given as a kitten series. Vaccine must have been given within the last year. If no vaccine was given within the last year, a negative feline leukemia test will be required prior immediately to boarding.
- Rabies: Required within last 3 years. 1 or 2 year rabies vaccine also accepted.
Is your pet current? If your pet is overdue by less than 30 days, we will boost vaccinations while boarding. If the bordetella (kennel cough) vaccine is overdue only the injectable bordetella vaccine can be given while your dog is in boarding. Any pet that is more than 30 days overdue will be required to have the vaccinations updated prior to boarding.
Since our boarding facility is operated in conjunction with the veterinary hospital, pre-arranged veterinary examinations and services can be scheduled while your pet is at the lodge. Another added benefit is that your pet is closely monitored by our trained staff and if any unusual health condition is detected it will be brought to the immediate attention of one of our veterinarians and a free examination if needed.
As a facility that has met the exacting standards of the American Animal Hospital Association, we are confident your pet will find its stay with us very much to his/her liking! We welcome you to tour our facilities at any time. Please browse through the Virtual Tour section of this website for pictures of the lodge.